Tue, 9 Aug 1994 10:26:50 EST
>This seems like an innovative marketing method, one which I have
>not seen before.  It is one of the very exciting new uses
>of the Internet which InfoMagnet opens up.

  Oh, very exciting, indeed.  No doubt a flea finds the sight of a dog passing
by similarly exciting.  The dog's perspective, however, is a little different.

   Naively, I was almost persuaded by the InfoMagnet message to set my
notebooks to "public" to make it easier for interested persons to find my
lists.  If ever there was a good reason for listowners to keep our notebooks
set to PRIVATE, this kind of predatory eagerness is it.

Patrick Leary