Steve Howie <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 3 Jun 1996 11:17:43 -0400
On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, John Malconian wrote:

> I downloaded the latest bitearn.nodes file from L-Soft's ftp server
> and restarted listserv. The following errors were generated in the logs:
>

> > 3 Jun 1996 10:54:07 The network tables are outdated and must be rebuilt.
> > * Network tables generation process started - be patient...
> > *
> > * An error occurred during the generation of the network tables. The last
> > * BITEARN NODES entry to be successfully processed was ACMVM.
> > 3 Jun 1996 10:54:07 Nearest NJE host is LISTSERV@UBVM
>
> I'm running Listserv 1.8b on Unix. Any ideas? I noticed extra carriage
> returns in the file. Does Listserv know how to handle these?

Make sure you download the file in ASCII mode - it is stored on a Windows
NT server, so the DOS line end conventions apply to it (CR-LF). I think
this may also be the cause of your problem.

Scotty
Steve Howie                             Email:  [log in to unmask]
NetNews and Listserv Admin.             Phone:  (519) 824-4120 x2556
Computing and Communications Svcs.      Fax:    (519) 763-6143
University of Guelph

If it's not Scottish its CRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP