Stephen Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 11:05:30 +0000
In the last mail Murph Sewall said:

> It seems to me that we HAVE reached a point that requires legislative
> action (at least for lists, newgroups, and hosts in the U.S.) comparable to
> that already enacted covering automated telemarketing and junk fax.  I've
> written my own Congressional representative.  I encourage everyone else to
> do likewise (enough mail to enough congressional offices is likely to have
> some effect).

ARE there any lists & newsgroups `in the US'? DOn't all such lists
soon start operating internationally? WHat has US law got to do with me?

That's a serious question. THe net requires international regulation if
it requires any. I hope it doesn't (but hopes are often dispppointed)

Stephen Clark
Liverpool University, UK