Mike Ramundo <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Oct 1993 16:35:05 EDT
On Tue, 5 Oct 1993 14:07:24 CDT Cecil Riddle said:
>Over the weekend, LISTSERV here was just about brought to its knees by
>someone doing a Netwide Global delete for about 1600 userids.
>
>What I want to know is where or not there are any rules or guidelines
>for acts such as these? Ifso, where can I get a copy of them?

If that was the total, then it was probably me

I did follow what guidelines were available - I submitted small jobs
( < 250 ids / job ), marked them for off-hours ( Prime= QuietNo ),
and submitted them over several days ( Wed. thru Sat )

(Even though our small sys group (VAX) was desperate and
started rejecting mail ( by 1000's ) on Wed. )

/ mike