Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:23:22 -0400
On 14 Jun 2000, Paul Karagianis wrote:

> Your user reports SJU's WWW interface as "constantly" going down around
> noon, which doesn't match the problem we do see, or correlate with the
> logs which show massive usage by others.

He just reports that for our one list.  I didn't mean to imply that it was
true across all SJU lists.

> A side issue is that this does, as you've suggested, smell like a timing
> or software collision issue, but since we don't really know the specifics,
> there's no good reason to suspect Listserv over the WWW software.

I claim complete ignorance on the boundaries between Listserv and the www
interface.  Are both LSOFT products?  If so is the www interface part of
Listserv, or a separate product?  Or, is the www interface something that
is strictly SJU?  If the latter, I'll drop this discussion and stick to
SJUOWNER!

Thanks.

-----
Tom Rawson           [log in to unmask]