"Geert K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Jun 1995 20:41:17 EDT
Further:

   Sometime ago, a change was made  to make FULL headers the default and
it has  caused me numerous problems  (the hop count problem  seems to be
one of them).  I  am now ready to undo this for my  lists - and indeed I
have  made  SHORT  the  default,  but I  think  that  only  affects  new
subscriptions (i.e.  after I put short in the list header).

   Is there someway I can now undo  the damage without having to go down
the list  and change each  one one at  a time?  I  would prefer to  do a
SHORT for all subscriptions  and then do a FULL for  those that need it,
such as  local re-distribution ids.   (Maybe SET listname SHORT  for *@*
would work?)

   Of course, it would have been much simpler to leave things alone, but
I  am probably  going to  be told  that  I am  the only  one with  these
problems :-).

   Oh, and please, I know that a hop-count of 17 is stupid and should be
changed, but I don't  have the power to do this to  tens of thousands of
systems around the world, so that's not an option for me :-).  Thanks.

**  Geert K. Marien : [log in to unmask]  (Bitnet: GKMQC@PUCC)  **
**   ListOwner: AIRLINE, NODEINFO, RAILROAD, STAMPS, The INDIA List   **
**    (All contents are my own opinions - unless otherwise stated)    **

   P.S.: the "hop-count" problem is not  the only problem I have because
of the change to FULL.