Tue, 28 Jan 1997 09:06:51 +1000
Hello there,

> I recently purchased a 5-point license for my Win95 Listserv. I merged the
> LAK successfully but I still get the banner on administrative messages that
> says this is a free version of Listserv. Also, SHOW LICENSE still shows the
> server to be in the pre-LAK, 10-points version. Are there any gotchas I
> need to look out for? How can I fix this problem?

I posted a similar message the other day and I still don't know why
wouldn't LSV have picked up the new License that I have mergerd (ie
1.8c).  I would have thought that it did not delete the old license key
but I would expect it to recognise the new License in the SHOW LICENSE
command cause the new license is said to have exactly the same
functionality as the previous one and the only difference is that it
supports/activates the 1.8c features.

My question is

        "Should I or should I not delete my previous LAK and if I
        shouldn't delete it are the 1.8c features enabled despite the fact
        that LSV still says in the SHOW LICENSE that I am still using 1.8b.
        Can I go ahead and upgrade to 1.8c?"

You have mentioned in your upgrade notes that we should not upgrade
unless the new 1.8c LAK *is* installed.

Please your comments.

Thank you.

Dave

---
Eric wrote in reply to my previous mail:

        LISTSERV will only delete an old license if it is totally
        superseded (in each and every respect) by a newer one.  When
        picking which license to load, it takes the license which seems to
        offer the highest capacity and options for today's run. That is,
        the expiration date and version number are ignored, as long as
        they are acceptable. At midnight a new license might be selected
        if the current one expired, but that's another story.