Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Sep 1994 16:12:10 -0500
Yours Truly <[log in to unmask]> asked:

>   every now and then I get a letter from someone that says "please take me off
>   all our AERA lists." Since there are 12 or so of them, I dont know where to
>   start.
>    I tried a   tell listserv del aera-* schmo@nowhere   , but you cant use
>    a wild card in the list title.

We have even more lists than that.  I use wildcard deletes all
the time.  The LISTSERVer will accept * as a list identifier and
will only delete (or report) from the lists that you own.  So
assuming that you are listed as an owner of all the AERA lists
(and not listed as owner of other lists), you can use the
command:   tell listserv del * schmo@nowhere
to delete schmo from all the AERA lists.

I'm an owner of a completely unrelated list, so I have to be
careful.

                          Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler          Internet:  [log in to unmask]  >>
<<  University of Cincinnati     Bitnet:  wheeler@ucbeh       >>