Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:54:35 -0500
At 14:00 12/19/2006 Tuesday, Hal Keen wrote:
>But regardless of the degree of exposure, wouldn't the same spam wind up in
>the Editor's mailbox either way?

I'm thinking that we have somewhat different needs:   I want a list where all *posts* by *authorized* [SET listname REVIEW] subscribers are approved by any of the  moderator=, and that unauthorized posts [SET listname NOPOST] are automatically listserv-rejected w/ NO notification (aka backscatter) to purported sender (regardless of being subscribed or not) nor moderators.

Regardless if Editor= and Owner= addresses that were spoofed, ended up rejected to the bit-bucket since they were not authorized subscribers in this scheme.

The relevant section of the listname MAILTPL was modified w/ .QQ

THAT was The Kludge that was useful for n-years.

/P