Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 19:53:15 EST
> There's no option to automatically delete old notebooks. Most people want
> to at least archive them on tape before doing that. On the other hand, it
> isn't  very difficult  to  write  a program  to  archive  and delete  old
> notebooks. Perhaps an even better method  is to have the logs archived on
> a separate PC where disk space is cheap.
>
>   Eric

I would like to have such an option.  In order to address the needs of
those who want to save old notebooks, the deletion could occur on a
monthly basis, with the list owner being notified a month ahead of time
of which files will be deleted.  Another alternative would be for
LISTSERV to send the notebooks to be deleted to the list owner.  This
could help list owners who go on a long vacation.