"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 3 Jun 1996 12:54:00 EDT
>depending on whether the person *OMITTED* or *INCLUDED*,
>respectively, such a tag in the message they posted.

>Either way, any subscribers who use the 'REPLY' function will address
>their E-mail to the *PERSON*, rather than to your *LIST*, thus avoiding
>the "noise" on your list.

Melvin is certainly correct.  Nevertheless be prepared for the
meta discussion that will take place on and off list about this
"feature." Especially when requestors (for info) are provided the
info, but then never return the favor by posting a summary, and
therefore the subscribership saying "I like the old way better,"
"me too," and "list-owners are stifling discussion."

Been there, doing that.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                       "BEEP if you luv LDBASE"