Hal Keen <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Jan 2016 13:02:50 -0600
> I was always under the impression that the web interface required a
> password.  If so, when/where was
> that password established per user?

The login interface contains a pointer to the one for creating a new
account.

Accounts are identified by email address. To create one, you have to specify
both address and password (with the usual type-it-twice accuracy check). The
account is verified by sending a confirmation request to the email address.

I generally log in once a day, to check for messages in the moderation
queue. (Sometimes, people fail to complete the confirmation step. Besides,
it helps to keep the spam cleaned up.)

But if I've got addresses I'm moderating for trouble--set to NOMAIL to cut
down on error reports, but not yet cleaned up pending completion of a
sequence of test messages--I usually have their status checked by email
before I log in. (If any switched back to MAIL, it means the subscriber has
fixed the problem and I can drop them off my trouble list.)

Those queries are generally by list name--unless it's the end of their time
on the trouble list, in which case I query for all my lists. If I'm dropping
a subscriber because the address went dead, I'm cleaning that address off
all my lists at once.

Hal