Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:31:11 -0500
>For concideration for inclusion in the next LISTSERV version ;-)))
>
>That listserv would include full headers in subscription requests and
>emails to the generic listowner addresses.
>
>As it is, we can't tell who is sending these.
>
>We have a subscriber who is being subscribed over and over to one of
>our lists by someone.. and getting the subscription confirmation
>requests.. over and over..

A possible solution to this problem now (which may or may not meet
your needs) would be to SERVE this address OUT.  Any future
correspondence that appears to come from the address would not be
responded to or acted on and would be forwarded to you with full
headers intact.

>and we have had one bad guy try to send
>listowners HAPPY99 and other crap to the listowner-request@  address
>in the past.  If we could dig out the info on the sender, we could stop that.

Full headers are preserved in messages sent to the -request address,
so this shouldn't be a problem.
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc