George Buckner <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 11:42:17 -0500
I have a list which I use for conducting elections for an
academic organization.  The list exists entirely to record
all official communications related to an election: initial
call for nominations, the nominations themselves, seconds,
candidate statements, and voter ballots.  We use another list
to send announcements to organization members, and we instruct
them to send their completed ballot forms to the aforementioned
list.  (Needless to say, only the people trusted with running the
elections and counting the ballots are actually subscribed.)

My question:  Is there a way to set a list so that all messages
(this list is set CONFIDENTIAL=YES and SEND=PUBLIC) are confirmed
with the sender before being posted to the list, in the same manner
as it does with the moderator when SEND=EDITOR,HOLD,CONFIRM?  I'd
like to use this to verify that the vote did indeed come from who
it says it comes from.  This would also serve as confirmation to the
voter that the ballot had been received and recorded.

Any suggestions?

George Buckner
Owner, PSYCHE-*, ASSC-*, @LISTSERV.UH.EDU
George Buckner                       http://www.mindspring.com/~metacom