John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 13:12:12 -0400
> My primary home access is through an @home.com account.  I live in
> Baltimore.  The access over the last several days has been awful.  I
> couldn't get on at all yesterday from when I got home about 4 PM until at
> least 10 PM, and then the screen transfer and e-mail download speed was
> like molasses.  This has been going on for several days.  Tuesday
> afternoon, I finally called their tech support.  The tech checked the
> access for me and my area, and he said it was a local problem for me
> (which is a lie).  In any case, I have a service technician coming to my
> house this afternoon to see what is happening.  If he provides any useful
> information, I will share it.

I've had @home service exclusively for almost a year, I've had problems in
the past similar to yours but the service has been rock solid here (Detroit) for
over 3 months straight now. I don't use their email (have my own domain and
server) so I can't really comment on that aspect. No doubt since they are a
national provider and are continuously adding local cable company
customers in large blocks, I'm sure this will be an ongoing problem for
certain areas for some time to come.

--
John Lyon