Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 13:57:40 -0700
On Wed, 24 Dec 1997 14:58:34 -0500, Ed Price <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Recent events have forced me to put one subscriber on "review.'
>The first yet in the 2 1/2 year history of the ML.
>
>I now find that the instructions for the use of OK in the manual
>are a bit vague ( to me - a perpetual newbie )
>
>Would someone clarify the use of OK in releasing a message.
>
>        Does one simply delete the body of the message and reply with OK

Technically you don't need to delete the body of the msg (although I do) since
most mailers set it off with > as 'quoted' which makes LISTSERV ignore the msg
body.  It is important to put the OK on the first 1-2 lines of the replied msg
however.
>or
>        Does the number in the subject have to be copied to body and sent
>along with the OK.

Only if you know your mailer limits the length of subject lines and would
otherwise cutoff the 8 digit 'cookie' number from the Subject: line.

>OR  ???
>
>I suspect I may be complicating something simple.

No, you're asking the questions ahead of time, that's good.

>Many Thanks and Best Wishes for the Season.

Happy Holidays to you.

 Ben Parker ..... L-Soft international Inc. ..... [log in to unmask]