Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Jan 1993 15:08:49 EST
On Wed, 6 Jan 1993 09:00:53 EST Karl Signell said:
>I've been 'round and 'round with a particular site's administrator, but
>the problem continues.  Any ideas?

 Tell them to fix their crappy mail systems. :)  Honestly, I feel that
 clustered systems that send out with different addresses depending on
 which piece of hardware you happen to sit in front of are fundamentally
 broken.  That accounts for most of the problems I've had with closed
 list subscriptions.  The other problems, where explicit mail routing
 ends up included in the headers for example, aren't quite so easy to
 pinpoint.  If worst comes to worst, you can add the alternate forms
 of the persons address to the list, with the NOMAIL option set of
 course!  Though if they're running off a cluster of 20+ machines I
 think it's a bit much to ask of you.  And like I said, I consider the
 problem to be broken software on the "cluster", so I would suggest
 that the proper solution is to get the systems people at the offending
 site to correct their software.

>Karl Signell

 -jj