Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Sep 1992 23:05:16 EDT
On Tue, 15 Sep 1992 19:58:24 EST Jim Jones said:
> the "Message Send Protocol" on the Internet.
>
> -jj
>
> PS - It might be of interest to note, that one of the problems that has
> come up in implementing IP based "messages" is authenticating the origin
> of the message.  That is, aside from bad emulators that let users do
> nasty things they shouldn't, the NJE model provides a trustworthy message
> facility.  It's not as easy to do the same over the Internet.  There are
> very few things that can be described as simply black or white.  Most
> complex systems, like Bitnet, Usenet and the Internet, are inherently gray.

Gee! That's kind of the way LIFE is. Strange how this network stuff is like
that.  Nothing's as simple as it first seems. :(

 Stan Horwitz   Internet: STAN @ VM.TEMPLE.EDU  Bitnet: STAN @ TEMPLEVM

 Temple University's Sr. Mainframe Consultant; Manager of the Help-Net
 and Suggest lists; Listserv Postmaster

 Standard disclaimers apply. One of these days I will make this sig file
 look much nicer.