Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Oct 1993 17:43:40 -0400
After reading the promotional description of the book about advertising on
the Internet, I decided to ring up the publisher, whose phone number was
listed in the copied announcement.  It turns out that it's Michael
Strangelove, whom many of us know for his compiling of Internet academic
resources.  Michael reports that he's observed many recent attempts by
less scrupulous types to promote the Internet as virgin territory for
advertizers, and so Michael has written a book aimed at businessmen about
what advertizers really should and *shouldn't* do on the nets.  I feel
better about his efforts after having spoken with him, although the
initial impression given by his press release did give me a lot of cause
for concern -- but then, it was written with the business audience in mind
to whom he wants to sell his book.

Michael reminded me that there is a discussion of Internet-and-advertising
issues on the cni-advertise list based at [log in to unmask]  (I forget how
different the cni-listserv commands might be from Revised Listserv
commands but I know that sending HELP to that address will clarify how to
subscribe, etc.)

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]