"Alan S. Dobkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 12:34:27 -0500
--On Thursday, February 04, 1999, 11:28 AM -0500 "Thomas W. Kozma"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>    Is this possible with LISTSERV 1.8c?

I can't think of an easy way to do this in 1.8c, but with 1.8d, you could
simply send out the message with the Reply-To header set to
listname-subscribe-request.  Then, recipients could simply reply to the
message (assuming they do a standard reply, as opposed to a reply-to-all or
reply-to-from, but we don't need to rehash that discussion).  They wouldn't
even have to type OK, since the subject and body of the message would be
ignored.

Of course, there may be a not-so-easy way to do this in 1.8c, using a
DISTRIBUTE job.  However, this would have to be performed by a LISTSERV
maintainer.  For more information, see:

http://www.lsoft.com/dead/devcorner/DISTRIBUTE.HTML

Alan