Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 20:35:47 GMT
On Mon, 2 Jun 1997 16:19:22 -0400, "Bayliss, Judy"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have two addresses, [log in to unmask], which is the owner of
>both of my lists, and [log in to unmask] which is quiet owner.
>
>From my Juno address I can add and delete subscribers, change their
>options etc.  But if I try to change the options of my hmc.psu.edu
>address from the Juno address, I get the 'not authorized' message.

If you issue the command in this format

  SET listname option FOR [log in to unmask]

it should work fine from your Juno address.  Remember LISTSERV does not
know you by your name, only by your address.  Only the Owner can change SET
options for subscribers, but you must always specify the FOR user@address
except when it is for the very account you are writing from.  I have 5
addresses for myself on some lists and I have no trouble with any of them,
providing I use the correct syntax.

If it is giving you trouble, then check the addresses again.  The 'You are
not authorized...' msg only occurs when LISTSERV is not recognizing your
address as Owner.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]