Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:19:25 -0700
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:55:01 +0100, Mike <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I was reading over these directions:
>http://community.emailogy.com/scripts/wa-COMMUNITY.exe?A2=ind9904&L=LSTOWN-
>L&D=1&O=D&T=0&P=72170
>
>and was wondering two things...
>
>1) Does this method still work for version 15.5?

Fundamentally, yes.  However a few things have changed since 1999.  The
example demo site is now at

 http://demo.lsoft.com/signupdemo.html

I'll send you an updated version of the instructions.

>2) Can I make the signup for multiple lists at the same time using checkboxes in my form?

Sorry, no.  Not by the method (2) discussed in the referenced message.  That
method is one-list only.  There is a way to do as you would like, but you
either need to use method (1) (email command with multiple list subscribe
commands, resulting in 1 separate confirmation for each list) or the www
method used by 'Subscriber's Corner', which requires an authenticated login.

Since most users will not understand the need for an authenticated login, the
only recourse is modified method (1) (email command)

From: [log in to unmask]
To:   [log in to unmask]

  OK BEGIN
  SUB list1 Fname Lname
  SUB list2 Fname Lname
  SUB list3 Fname Lname
  SUB list4 Fname Lname
  OK end

This will permit 1 confirmation for a multiple list subscribe.