Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 21:08:20 -0500
At 06:51 PM 1/12/97 -0500, Gabe Goldberg wrote:
>On Sun, 12 Jan 1997, Judith Hopkins wrote:
>> Well, we now know the meeting name, the place, and the time.  How about
>> the date?

[snip]

>As the Subject line says, it's Wednesday, 1/15.

No need to be so snide.

There is no "Subject line."  The Subject headerfield wrapped to two lines
on both systems on which I can see your message, and the date was on the
second line in both cases since you stuck it on the end of a very long
subject.  The date was not visible to me unless I went to the "show all headers"
option, because the part I could see was truncated due to length.

Important stuff (i.e., that which you want people to read) belongs in the
message body, not just the header.  Not everyone is going to guess to
poke through the headers whenever the subject is overly long.

Cheers,
Stan.