Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:36:28 -0500
I ran into a similar problem with Eudora and quoted-printable text.

    There were equal signs in some of the banners.
    Quoted-printable encoding always starts with equal signs.

Eudora embeds control codes for q-p *within* the message.
   Eudora programs burped, claiming 'attachment', bad coding -
      every time any q-p email arrived that included my
      payload of illegal commands...well disguised as banners.

I think your problem is *because* HTML coding is part of the message.  Your
Eudora sees that 'end' code and stops processing.  Period.  And, since the
banners are included after that message, they're invisible to your HTML capable
subscribers.  I'm guessing...top banners might get lost, too, because the
'start' code hasn't been given yet...and Eudora is expecting html because of
header information???

Barb Dorsett  mailto:[log in to unmask]
active co-listowner for Gardens  mailto:[log in to unmask]
  http://www.blueriver.net/~dorsett/notes.html

>         I've noticed that bottom banners "disappear" whenever a
> posting containing
> html coding is submitted to a list.  Specifically, email clients configured
> to send both html and plain text (or, I suppose, just html text) appear to
> cause the html posting to be viewed in clients such as Eudora -- but
> without the bottom banners.  I suspect that the bottom banners are still
> there, but that the html coding causes the email client to display only the
> html text, and that the bottom banners are not html and therefore
> "disappear" insofar as the list subscriber is concerned.  Is this something
> that has been reported before?  Is there any way I can prevent the
> "disappearing" bottom banners?
>
>         Steve
>
>         Stephen C. Nill, J.D.
>
> AMERICAN PHILANTHROPY REVIEW
> 30021 Tomas Street, Suite 300
> Rancho Santa Margarita, CA  92688  USA
> Telephone:  949-589-5938
> Facsimile:  949-589-4399
> Editorial Office: [log in to unmask]
> List Editors:  [log in to unmask]
> Book Review Editors:  [log in to unmask]
> Business Office:  [log in to unmask]

http://CharityChannel.com

For information on our Internet discussion forums, visit
        http://CharityChannel.com/Forums