"P. Divirgilio" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Jun 1994 07:43:02 -0400
In my case, the problem seems to be economic and technological although
there is a veil of other nonsense  thrown over it. There is a fair
amount of violence involved against equipment and telephone circuits
as well as a sustained problem with invasion of privacy.
Spin-doctoring is less of a problem I suppose for those involved as
they are more likely to obstruct justice and lie in a very clumsy
almost indifferent manner. One of the problems is of course a node
related to our university which deliberately uses its links with the
current government and its social agenda to conceal some pretty
obnoxious behaviour. Actually, you are taking the wrong slant as I was
always supportive of government policy in the US and Europe.  The
terrorism relates to electronic interventions which deliberately
disable parts of the internet and with a rather different policy
toward freedom and the UN charter. As for Cuba, although I am not keen
on the current regime, Canada fully supports it and is planning on
pouring in aid to support Castro. As for the Gulf War, at the height
of the war, prominent pol8iticians in Canada held a "we hope Iraq wins"
seminar at our university about the time that AT&T's New York
telephone relays all failed. I have no problem with US policy in
general: I am very uncomfortable with this particular aspect of
Canadian policy as well as with the policy providing political
protection and even privilege to known human rights offenders and
directors of death squads from innumerable countries around the world.
Many of these individuals are responsible for the loss of 100,000's of
lives and torture of citizens from NATO countries etc. I cannot be as
open and candid as you about what I know because of different
national policies.  -- Paul.
--

Dr. Paul S. di Virgilio,  University of Toronto  [log in to unmask]