Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Nov 2006 19:03:16 -0500
FYI:

NewzCrawler 1.8.0 build 3312 gets an error "unknown format"

FeedValidator produces error messages:

http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeach.ease.lsoft.com%2Fscripts%2Fwa.exe%3FRSS%26L%3DLSTOWN-L

Bloglines seems to accept it.

FireFox 2.0 doesn't recognize the web page as a feed (in order to subscribe) BUT it you update an existing "live" bookmark, it will then be able to read it.

Earlier versions of LISTSERV had problems too but I did not do extensive checking back then.

As I recall, you can append some other parms on the URL to force certain formats [&v=]

I used the new web form to search the archives, but that for no longer has a SENDER to subset the search (I was looking for LSOFT posters).

Found it anyway:

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0605&L=LSTOWN-L&P=R530&I=-3&K=1&d=No+Match%3BMatch%3BMatches

>Also available are:
>
>RSS 2.0:
>http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=LSTOWN-L&v=2.0
>
>Atom 1.0:
>http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=LSTOWN-L&v=ATOM1.0

This page:

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A0=LSTOWN-L

has some orange and blue icons (after the index of archives, but before the paragraph SUBSCRIBE) that links to the appropriate veeds.

Strangely, some WEB pages don't have that info e.g.,

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A0=SPAM-L

(I'm subscribed, since I'm one of the list-owners).

/Pete Weiss

At 17:47 11/10/2006 Friday, Melissa Kenny wrote:
>Francoise,
>
>I thought I'd try the RSS feed in 15.0 as I believe it is supposed to be
>supported there.  However, I opened
>http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=LSTOWN-L in Internet
>Explorer 7, and get an error that "Internet Explorer does not support this
>feed
>format."
>
>I am able to display the RSS feed in Safari, but IE 7 doesn't like it.
>I'm able to
>see other RSS feeds without problem in IE 7.  Hopefully, you will fix this
>before
>release.  Thanks!
>
>Melissa
End Reply