Charles Oriez <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:39:13 -0500
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:17:18 -0500, Diego H. Bustamante
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Probably a silly question here, but I am trying to figure this out.
>How do I make this msg not be returned when a user sends to the list:
>

>> OK
>Confirming:
>> APPROVE ALEC2-L 6509A3
>Message successfully approved.
>
>I've set Ack=None, and default options are NoAck, Repro... I just want
>them to get their own email as a confirmation.
>
>???

Your problem  is probably not related to the problem described in this
thread.  The <wildcard>.sierraclub.org owner addresses were going bad on
non moderated lists, but also on random traffic completely unrelated to
lists. I'm sorry if my use of a moderated list as an exaple suggested
otherwise. We were getting the identical error on other lists that were
unmoderated.  At the time I posted the example, I was only aware of the
problem appearing in list owner traffic, so I suspected that the problem
was related to an unrelated listserv upgrade that also occured at this time.

We also have pretty much determined that the fact that the problem appeared
first on list owner traffic was probably coincidental.  There was an
unrealted dns server change at the lists host. The hosting of dns server
and the hosting of the lists server at the same location was merely
coincidental.  the systems administrator thinks that he has traced the
address problem to an error in the dns server configuration. He corrected
that error yesterday afternoon and we have had no further reports of
related problems, although time is still too short to be definitive here.

It does not appear that your problem with list confirmations is related.