Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 21:59:51 +0200
On Tue, 4 Jun 1996  10:23:40 -0600 Susan King <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>1) INDEX only feature

This  has  been  available  on  a beta-test  basis  since  January  1996.
Obviously L-Soft cannot force eWorld to install the new code so that this
feature becomes available to its members. The best we can do is write the
code so that people can choose to run it.

>2) SEARCH feature of archives

I thought eWorld would volunteer to test this feature when I announced it
about a  month ago, but they  haven't. Now, there are  probably very good
reasons for  eWorld not to  do this,  especially given what  has happened
lately, and I am absolutely not blaming  them here. What I *am* saying is
that you cannot at the same  time complain about the lack of availability
of feature such and such, and decide not to install upgrades that include
the very features you are asking for.

>and we have  asked and continue to be  asked if there would be  a way to
>number the messages in the digest to match the TOPIC numbers...

I hear you,  however you are the  only one asking for this  change and we
have a lot of other requests that a lot more people are asking for.

  Eric