"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Dec 1993 11:39:00 EST
>> When requesting files from the LISTSERV, the parameter F=MAIL will
>> assure that the file is sent as mail rather than as a file.  Is there
>> however, any way to request that the results of a database search
>> are sent as mail?  I can't find any reference to this in the manual.

>If you send the request by mail, the response is by mail.  (...)

It is useful in the VM/CMS environment to send a FILE to LDBASE and have
its output returned as e-mail.  Why?  because you might already be
composing an e-mail (and on my system, I can only easily do one e-mail
at a time) and you can still edit/SEND a FILE while composing the note.

To search for all of Natalie's mail (for Dec) to lstown-l, and have
it returned as e-mail, send the following FILE to listserv@searn:

/* --------------------- clip and save ---------------- */
//ListSrch JOB Echo=no
Database Search DD=Rules f=mail
//Rules DD *
S * in lstown-l since dec where sender contains maynor
index date.8 sender.25 subject.45
print
/*
//  EOJ

/Pete ([log in to unmask])  --  co-owner  LDBASE-L, TQM-L, CPARK-L, et -L
--
Peter M. Weiss         "The 'NET' never naps"             +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA