Larry Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 12 Nov 1995 07:22:25 -0600
Ingrid,

OOOOOOOOPS!  Please forgive me, I am very new to "listserving," and one of
the reasons I joined this list is to not only find out the technical do's,
but the "nettiqual" and ethical don'ts.  I am aware of the word SPAM and
have seen several messages on this list about Spams, but I was under the
impression that a Spam was something done for malicious intent (like
something obscene or otherwise offensive) or done for personal financial
gain (I get paid the same whether I teach courses via WWW or in a
traditional classroom with desks and chairs and pens and paper).

I definitely see your point, though, and understand how if this were done on
a regular basis by thousands or millions of users it could become a HUGE
problem.

Again, sorry--and thanks for teaching me a valuable lesson!

Larry

p.s.  To the rest of the members of LSTOWN-L:  If you agree with Ingrid,
please don't waste space on this list or waste your valuable time repeating
her sentiments--I got the point, I repent, and I shall go and sin no more . . .