Sat, 8 Jun 1996 20:03:03 -0500
> As I spend more time deleting error messages from sites that I recognize as
> constantly having transient errors (CISNEROS at Georgetown and PIGSEYE at
> Kennesaw come to mind), I'm wondering if anyone out there does anything
> proactive with the site's postmaster about this?
> I'm tempted to simply notify the users to contact their computing center to
> deal with the problem, and put them on digest until the problem's fixed...

Talking to the people at the troublesome domains, the ones that go blooey,
get fixed, screw up again, get fixed,...  has never seemed to work for me.
Yeah, just set 'em digest (better than delete or nomail) and they can
change back when the problem clears.  A lot of our subscribers have
gotten used to this, don't even ask any more.  They know their system
screwed up and reset their subs when the problem clears.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L