"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 14:42:50 -0500
David wrote, in part..
> 1. the virtual storage was increased and we found that despite
> additional increases, LISTSERV seemed to have difficulty with
> archives > 36 megabytes, so
> 2. we then trimmed the archives back to 36 megabytes
>
> I'm still interested in knowing whether that is a known limit in
> LISTSERV-NJE 1.8c on VM and whether the same limit exits in either
> LISTSERV-TCP/IP on VM or LISTSERV for NT.

We have LISTSERV-TCP/IP for VM 1.8c running on CMS13 (VM2.2.0) in XC
mode with 64M virtual storage.  It has no trouble searching a 92M
archive.  Maybe the vendor can talk about NJE/TCPIP version
differences, but I'm under the impression that they are not
(normally!) large.

Hope this helps,

Wayne T. Smith               mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group -- CAPS        University of Maine System