Betty Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 20 Sep 1997 16:06:10 -0500
Hi,

I recently removed a user and added a mask for her to
my list header.  Actually I added the mask *first*
and received confirmation that the list header had
been changed.  *then* I removed her from the list
and notified her that she had been removed and why.
Note that I did receive confirmation back from the
LISTSERV that she had been removed.
After that, she apparantly managed to resubscribe and
attempted to post to the list, under the same address
that I  *thought* was syntactically correct in the filter
list of my list header.  Here's her address:
and the filter portion of my list header.

*
* Filter=also, [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],
*         [log in to unmask],paa22@*.il,[log in to unmask],
*         [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],
*         [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],*@*.amis.com,
*         [log in to unmask],dunlap@*.DELANET.COM,[log in to unmask],
*         [log in to unmask],trustno1@*,[log in to unmask]
*         [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],matt.hank@*
*         mqarep@*.INLAND.net,7328irc@*inland.net,[log in to unmask],
*         [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],jepjepjr@*,[log in to unmask]
*

Ideas on how she was able to rejoin using an address that
should have been blocked by the filter command?

Betty