Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:43:17 +1000
> Listserv is the only
> thing that is running on that server and it seems like listserv is not
> processing requests immediately even though the load on the
> server is very
> low .

Are you sure it's the LISTSERV machine that's running slow?  From your
description it sounds like LISTSERV has mail delivered from another mail
server.  It can depend on the server software or any scanning/virus-checking
software on the other machine, too.  We noticed a big change when the sys
admins installed a real-time scanning package on our mail server.  What used
to be almost instantaneous can now have a 1-2 minute turnaround.

Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.