Tue, 24 May 1994 23:31:14 -0500
Does anyone know what is going on with MHS-RELAY.AC.UK ?

For two weeks now we have been getting error messages that are
erroneous (the subscribers really are getting the messages, at least
until recently).  The addresses involved are all of the form
[log in to unmask]  If the subscribers are deleted they
have no trouble resubscribing even though error messages are returned
for all of the confirmation process and welcome messages.

Queries about the problem generates from "liasons" "Yep, looks like a
problem here in UK, we'll send it on to the folk probably responsible."  I
spent nearly a week trying to find out what was going on, and now the
primary listowner is getting the stuff.

We can't just keep deleting the people, and at least one of them is
a semi-regular contributor to the list so we don't want to filter
and only delete when we are swamped with lots of other errors.
(At least that's they way I handled it last week).

Any enlightenment from anyone? Please?

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner