Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:33:16 -0400
Just a thought  . . .  perhaps your subscriber is being "hit" in the sense that messages containing the virus code arrive in her email and are detected, rather than being "hit" in the sense that her system actually becomes infected by the bug?  No disrespect to her intended, but I have run across a number of people who don't understand this important distinction.  It's the same difference as being in a laboratory where investigative work on polio is being done, and being sick with polio - just because the bug is "there" doesn't necessarily mean you have a problem.  Sometimes the messages produced by an A/V product aren't clearly understood by novice users, and confusion develops.

>>> [log in to unmask] 08/15/02 10:39AM >>>
I've a subscriber asking where the best info on Klez is to be found.
She has been hit repeatedly and doesn't think her "antivirus" program
is doing all it should.  Where is the best info to be found?  Who
puts out the best "anti-Klez" product?

I ask as I don't know the answers, though I do know that some "antivirus'
sytems will report a virus, and delete the item, when none is present,
which I think may be part of her problem.

Douglas [log in to unmask]