BRIAN MC NAMARA <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 09:37:30 -0400
hey all,

the first is an annoying and persistent problem that I just can't seem to
remedy.

Listserv keeps kicking this back to my listowners even though this address
is nowhere to be found on the subscription list.  I am attaching part of
the subscription list just verify.

*****
The following 1 subscriber is currently being monitored:

Err First Last  Address
--- ----- ----- -------
                Last error: SMTP; 550 <[log in to unmask]>...
                            User unknown

Err=   Number of delivery errors received thus far
First= Date first delivery error was received (mm/dd)
Last=  Date of most current delivery error (mm/dd)

Subscribers will be automatically deleted from the list when delivery errors
have been  reported for a  period of  4 days or  more, or when  100 delivery
errors have  been received,  whichever occurs  first. Monitoring  will cease
after 5 days without any reported error.

Note: manually deleted subscribers may remain on the monitoring report under
an alias address. Such entries will expire eventually; you do not need to do
anything about them.

******

here is the list:

[log in to unmask]                          Aryeh Raucher
[log in to unmask]                Alison Joseph
[log in to unmask]       Dana Lande
[log in to unmask]     Erica Newman
[log in to unmask]     Erica Newman
[log in to unmask] Lauren Mendelsohn
[log in to unmask] Miriam Greenblatt
[log in to unmask] Rebecca Zimmerman
[log in to unmask]                       Anna Ayzenshtat
etc.etc.etc
*
* Total number of users subscribed to the list:    179
* Total number of local node users on the list:     19
*

i though at first that the user had concealed herself but that is not the
case.  I am sort of lost as to what to do now.  any ideas?

the SECOND is the following message:

An error  occurred while logging  mail to the archives  of the TEK  list.
An
incomplete copy  of the message  might be present  in the archive  file.
The
list is being held to prevent further occurrences of this error. Please
take
corrective action and  issue a "FREE TEK" command when  you want the
message
to be reprocessed.

Serious error occurred - traceback follows
>>> Error X'00A42625' opening file LISTSERV_NOTES:[TEK]TEK.LOG9710 <<<
 -> Severity: Severe error
 -> Facility: VMS Record Management Services
 -> Abstract: Unspecified error (99524) - refer to the VMS RMS
documentation
 -> VMS info: %RMS-F-DEV, error in device name or inappropriate device
type for
operation
 -> I/O mode: Record write

it seems that everytime I try to free the list this message is kicked back
for an evil loop.  here is a copy of the header just in case I missed
something.  I would appreciate any help I could get.

*  A discussion group for the members of Temple Emanu-El Kadima
*
*
*  Confidential= No
*  Subscription= By_owner   Notify= No    Review= Public
*  Reply-to= List,Ignore    Send= PRIVATE
*  Notebook= Yes,listserv_notes:[tek],Monthly,Private
*
*  Owner= [log in to unmask]
*
*  A discussion group for the members of Temple, Emanu-El,
*  Englewood, New Jersey's Kadima group

I am stumped!

brian mcnamara