Jim Gerland - User Support Services <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Jun 1992 08:06:26 EDT
For those of us who are members of NYSERNet, we have access to a program
from PSINet called Individual Dialup Service.  IDS provides a no charge
account (for 1992 at least) and a list of local telephone numbers around
the country which an IDS member can call to get a prompt from which they
can use the telnet or rlogin commands to initiate a session with their
home machines.  These local numbers are called Points of Presence (POPs)
and there are 36 around the country on the current list with more being
added monthly.

PSI also offers these accounts for a fee if you're not affiliated with
one of their supported regionals.

For more information send e-mail to: [log in to unmask]

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with PSI, but I am a NYSERNet member.

Jim...