Jim Conklin <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Nov 1993 18:16:26 EST
  It's been suggested that I should reconfirm CREN's commitment to
the NJE network to this list, as I've done within the last few
months on the NODMGT-L list, in light of the questions raised a
few weeks ago concerning Rice, USC, and Cornell.
  I had not responded earlier because Eric documented the replacement
of USC as a core node by Arizona, and Mark Bodenstein (I believe)
corrected the mis-information about Cornell's intentions.
  Although a replacement has not yet been found for Rice, all of you
should understand that CREN intends to support the NJE network as
long as it is needed, while actively pursuing the development of
equivalent Internet services.
  I remain confident that, through the help of the many folks who
now provide support, NJE BITNET will be kept functioning until good
alternatives are available for its services, even though there are
likely to be a few changes in the major players.

Jim