Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:45:39 -0400
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Pete Weiss wrote:

>Dear LSTOWN-L
>
>Some of you may recall the list NEW-LIST (I believe it started out on
>bitnet node NDSUVM1).  That's where new (mostly) listserv-based lists
>were announced to the world.
>
>I remember announcing one of our national lists on it 11 years ago.
>
>Apparently that list will no longer exist.  RIP.
>
>Net-Happenings will continue -- that was one of earlier WEB site
>announcement newsgroups.

Years ago, I managed a list called Help-Net which was a volunteer effort
to help people who were new to the Internet get information about it.
Eventually, I had to divest myself of that list due to a lack of time to
run it. The list was moved to another university, but I forget where; this
was about four or five years ago. Does anyone here know if Help-Net is
around in some form? I tried looking for it on catalist a while ago, but I
came up empty-handed.