Wed, 16 Aug 1995 01:48:56 -0500
Judith,
  While fixing dinner I kept thinking about this, where did I see this
solicitation before?   I now have a pretty good image in my mind of the
situation.

As I said, it was while you were gone and I was running the whole schmeer,
it was early June, I think.  Anyway, the first time they sent this
"we want to use your archives to make money for ourselves" it was sent
to owner-autocat (and, I imagine, a lot of other owner-listname addresses).
So it was in with 200 or so error messages.  I recall thinking to myself
something like "Ha! You want to use our work to make money for yourself,
do you?  But you don't have the knowledge or courtesy to send it to a
proper address? Ha! Forget it!" and hit the delete key sequence.

You going to reply to them, or shall I?  Since this is the second
solicitation in 2 - 3 months I suppose we should tell them something.

I obviously am assuming you'll agree with me on this.  If you don't,
we probably ought to have a little consultation, maybe include Jim G.
in it.

Douglas