Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 17:01:41 -0400
The technical explanation is maybe: it is dependent upon a host of factors,
including the user's personal subscription options.  There is an RFC that
describes the LISTSERV(R) Distribute Algorithm.

Even if LISTSERV has all of its list subscribers receving via BCC:, one or
more batches (separate SMTP connections) might be established in order to
batch and spread the load.

Finally, the internal (to LISTSERV) hosts across the network uses
server-to-servers mail with list of userids as body-of-text for final
explosion at the nearest (to subscriber) LISTSERV host.

/Pete Weiss at Penn State

 At 13:39 7/2/97 -0700, you wrote:
|Somewhere, either in a forum such as this or on the web, I came under
|the impression that Listserv works by putting all subscribers' email
|addrs in the bcc field.
|
|Can someone give me a technical explanation of whether or not this is
|true?
|
|TIA,
|Drew

|--