"Leon D. Wald" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 19 Jan 1995 09:47:59 -0600
First, thanks to all for your responses to our (Paul Jacoby and I) questions
on changing list owner and setting up an automatic welcome message. They
were very helpful and we have those problems resolved.

My next questions:

1) Is there an easy way to have Confirm set for Subscription and Validate
and yet not require the list owner to validate each one when adding a whole
list of new subscribers (using the ADD command)?

2) If not, then is there a better way to do it than
   Get the header
   Change it (do I have to change Validate as well as Subscription?)
   Put the header
   Send the sequence of Add commands
   Get the header
   Change it back
   Put the header

3) Now that we have a list of users, is it safe to edit the header in a
Windows editor (like Notepad) as long as I don't touch the subscriber list
section and I save as ASCII?

TIA,
Leon

|  Leon D. Wald                      3M Company                |
|  [log in to unmask]                    Storage Media Laboratory  |
|  (612) 733-3223 (Voice)            3M Center, 235-3B-30      |
|  (612) 736-6843 (FAX)              St. Paul, MN 55144-1000   |
|    The opinions are mine ... and certainly don't represent   |
|         the official position of 3M or anyone else!          |