Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:27:45 -0500
Scout <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Nope.. there's really no way.. too many free accounts out there... and
as
> you know already, sub by owner doesn't help at all. Probably your safest
> bet is to default REVIEW .. so all new subscribers are on REVIEW until
> you feel pretty safe with them.. then you can set them to NOREVIEW.

Perhaps what's needed is something similar to the Filter keyword.  A
keyword where we can give it an address (using wildcards) that says "if
someone sends a message from the address, it is to be reviewed).  Let's
call it the Preview keyword (just as an example):

* Preview= *@bigfoot.com
* Preview= *@mail.com (and all it's variants)
* Preview= *@hotmail.com
etc.

Of course, any specific subscription can have the options set to NOREVIEW
by the listowner which would override the Preview keyword (ie. once a
person has been deemed "safe").

Chris Barnes                                  (979) 458-1539
Computer Systems Manager                      [log in to unmask]
Dept of Geography                             AOL IM:  cnbarnes
Texas A&M University                          ICQ:     3581645