James Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:20:04 +1100
Given the problem with the version of LISTSERV I am running and
yearly archives, I decided to change the config file to use monthly
archives (they work.)

I thought changing the config file would do this.

No.

The web interface still doesn't pick up the existence of the archive.

Looking at the "How to edit" archives docs, it mentions that doing a
search will get LISTSERV to reindex the archive. However, these are
new lists. The Yearly log is not registered as being present
(although it is) and thus there is no search option available.

Should I edit change the name of the yearly log to reflect what it
would be if it were a monthly log?

Should I send a test post to kick in that the log has changed?

I have four lists that are now operational and do not want to
unnecessarily interrupt them.

It has also been mentioned that this particular y2k bug was long documented.
Anyone know where?

James
James Hale                       <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Manager, ArtsIT, Faculty of Arts                           Tel: (934)48196