Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:36:58 -0500
On 9 Feb 2005 at 16:22, Wehner, Paul (wehnerpl) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> sent a
> 'set pdf-test SUBJ short' command which does remove the [listname] however
> it's a per user setting.

This is not what you want. SUBJ and SHORT are two different settings
which are mutually exclusive. The reason it worked was that you put
"short" after "SUBJ", and the second setting cancelled out the first.
So if "SHORTHDR" is really what you want, then "SET pdf-test SHORT"
is what all that you need.

However, I question whether you really want SHORT. SHORTHDR destroys
MIME emails, so it's fine if you only allow plain text on the list,
but if you want to be able to send HTML messages or messages with
attachments (PDF files, perhaps, if that is what the "pdf" in "pdf-
test" refers to), you will be very disappointed with the results.

If you don't want the Subject headers, I would recommend switching to
FULLHDR, which is the usual setting for lists.

Thus...

QUIET SET PDF-TEST FULL FOR *@*

would fulfill your needs, I think.

Francoise