Bud Houston <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 13:02:21 EST
>It doesn't matter whether you are "Big Brother" or not; a list is NOT a
>Burger King!

It's funny.  I was kicked off of a list because I mentioned (on the list) that
their administrative policies were repressive 'big brother' kinds of stuff.  I'm
a libertarian to excess.

The point I suppose is that it was rude.  Lists aren't run by big thoughtful and
charitable organizations.  They are run by overworked, often harried, dweebs (in
the truest sense of the word).  They actually have a right to run their lists in
any way they see fit.  If it means being ham-handed or downright ugly (if you
can imagine a rush limbaugh list)... so be it.  If you don't like it... go start
your own damned list.

I exercised my right in a capitalistic society... I went out and started my
*own* list.  And now my list is bigger and better than their list (mostly
because I don't give people strikes for behavior)

Regards (& apologies to all of you who feel you are the dweebs I referred to),
Bud Houston