Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Sep 1994 09:42:00 EDT
A user would like to have several versions of her name used in different
contexts.  Which brings me to the following question.

When I join a list, I put my name on the SUBSCRIBE line.  If I join several
lists, I can use different names, and I believe they get stored in the LIST
file as sent.  However, there is the SIGNUP2 FILE which seems to be a master
list of name/userid pairs.  Which entry(s) are updated with the REGISTER
command?  And which entry is used if LISTSERV wants to use my name?