Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 21:50:53 -0700
At 10:46 PM 1/6/97 -0600, you wrote:
>> Those "message opened" acknowledgements are being generated because
>> the *SENDER* - the person who posted the message to the list - requested
>
>Sorry, I don't think so.  The errors come from only specific subscribers
>at specific address and they occur for *all* items.  Some of those items
>are mine (some to the list, some private) and I know full well I did not
>request an acknowledgement.
>
>The problem is with the recipient, not the original sender.  Even if
>the original sender did request an acknowledgement such should go to
>the original sender, not the list nor owner-listname, no?

Douglas is correct.  The person he is responding to is thinking of the old
BITNET acknowledgement of delivery, or something else.  Since I support
some 70 GroupWise 4.1 users, and that is the system in question on the
original problem reported here, I'm sure....

cheers

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is king.