Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:32:38 -0500
On 1/15/2005 6:05 PM, Ben Parker wrote:

> I may be criticized for this, but I feel that the recipient bears some
> resonsibility to provide a deliverable email address to subscribe to a list.
> If their choice of ISP wants to be uncooperative regarding desired email, they
> may need to "vote with their feet" and shift to another ISP who is more
> cooperative.  Or they might read the list mail only by the www archives,
> bypassing the email system entirely.  There are other possible solutions also.

The recipient is the problem. An AOL Feedback Loop report is initiated by the
human recipient of the message, not by an automated process on AOL's mail
server. The 'report as spam' button is immediately adjacent to the 'delete'
button in the AOL mailbox window, so it is possible that the spam complaint
was submitted accidentally. However, it is also possible that the recipient
no longer wants to receive messages from the list and erroneously believes
that reporting them as spam will cause them to stop.

<tongue-in-cheek>
The easy way to resolve this problem is to delete all AOL users from the
list and configure the list to reject future subscription requests from
AOL users.
</tongue-in-cheek>

--
Paul Russell